What you need:
- ½ pound of whipped cream
- ½ pound of Manchego cheese (grated)
- 8 ounces of granulated sugar
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs
- Place about 2 ounces of the granulated sugar in a saucepan together with the lemon juice at medium heat.
- After a couple of minutes, the sugar will start melting, turning liquid around the edges. Then give the saucepan a good shake and start stirring gently with a wooden spoon until all the sugar turns completely liquid. Being patient at this stage is crucial. Remember that the caramel should be as liquid as running honey!
- Once you are happy with the consistency of the sauce, place the caramel into metallic molds – the muffin type.
- Mix the whipped cream, the eggs, the Manchego cheese and the remaining sugar (about 6 ounces). Beat the mix very well.
- Pour the mix into the molds.
- Place the molds into a very slow oven in bain-marie for about an hour.
- Once the mini-cakes look ready, take them out and let them cool.
- To serve, place the molds on a plate and turn them around. The caramel will deliciously cover the mini-cake. Simply irresistible.