Here’s one that you’ll want to try over and over again. Promised. The crispiness of the chicken combined with the aromas of the melted Manchego cheese make for a perfect comfort food. Healthy, easy to make and super tasty, this one ticks all the boxes for me!
What you need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ pound of Manchego cheese
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 quart of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Grease generously a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Set out three deep plates: one with flour, one with beaten egg, one with bread crumbs.
- Make sure your boneless, skinless chicken breasts are thin by either slicing them in half or pounding them flatter.
- Make a horizontal cut on each of the breasts and fill in with a generous slice of the Manchego cheese – This will make it look like a sandwich.
- Dip the chicken first into flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip it into the egg, shaking off any excess. Finally, dip it into the bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay the breaded chicken on the greased baking sheet. Sprinkle some drops of olive oil over each chicken piece.
- Then bake for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is white in the middle. Baking time depends on the thickness of the chicken.
- Serve with some homemade french fries on the side and enjoy!