Today, I’m bringing you the Spanish interpretation of this classic delicacy. And I promise you, this recipe, courtesy of La Aguzadera, one of my favourite restaurants in La Mancha, will surely spoil your culinary taste buds.
What you need:
- 8 to 10 ounces of ox tenderloin from the tip end of the roast
- ½ pound of Manchego cheese (shaved)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sherry vinegar from Jerez
- Salt & Pepper
- Wrap the tenderloin in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, unwrap the tenderloin and thinly slice the ox into approximately 1/8 to 1/4-inch pieces.
- Lay out the ox slices in 4 chilled plates.
- Dress with the olive oil & Sherry vinegar, the shaved Manchego, salt and pepper to taste.