But if you’re like most people – if you’re like me – the good intentions never seem to translate into success.
In the following days, I’ll share with you some of my staple recipes to enjoy my favorite cheese while still keeping an eye on my weight. Yes, there’s no reason to give up taste to stay healthy!
Today I’m bringing you a recipe combining Manchego with eggplants.
Eggplant is an incredibly versatile vegetable that works well in so many recipes, and pairs extremely well with Manchego. Additionally, it comes with a bonus: it makes a tasty substitute for meat, too. Here we go…
What you need:
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 cup of Manchego cheese (grated)
- ½ cup of single cream
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice the eggplants lengthways as thin as possible. I like to use a mandolin for this to achieve best results.
- Pour the extra virgin olive oil in a large pan, heat it up and grill the eggplant slices. Alternatively, you can use a barbeque or a grill.
- Mix the remaining ingredients – Manchego cheese, single cream, oregano, salt & pepper – in a bowl.
- Warm up the sauce in a microwave or a small pan. This should be done at low heat, just enough for the Manchego cheese to melt.
- Once ready, pour the sauce over the eggplants.
- Enjoy it while it’s warm!