The gutsy contrast of assertive greens with the sweet caramel, the slivers of Manchego, the wild raddish and the walnuts; will surely impress your guests.
What you need:
- 1 head of green or red leaf lettuce
- 1 (1/2-pound) piece Manchego cheese, rind removed and cheese shaved into thin slices (preferably with a cheese plane)
- 4 oz chopped walnuts
- 4 oz wild radish
- 3 oz brown sugar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Wash and dry lettuce and tear into pieces. Arrange lettuce on a large platter.
- Sprinkle walnuts and chopped wild radish over lettuce.
- Cut the Manchego cheese in slices and place them in a grill – this can be done either using the microwave or a medium-heat oven.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the cheese slices and grill them for 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese is caramelized on top.
- Dress salad by drizzling vinegar and olive oil all over.