Still looking for the perfect starter? You’ve found it here! Watercress salad with red grapes and, of course, our favorite cheese: Manchego. You won’t be able to resist it!
What you need:
- 6 ozs watercress
- 30 red grapes
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 (1/2-pound) piece Manchego cheese
- 2 tbsps of almonds (toasted)
- 1 tbsp red onion
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- Take the red grapes and the tomatoes, wash, dry and cut them in half and then in half again.
- Use a food processor: add 20 chopped grapes, the red onion, vinegar, honey and olive oil to make the dressing.
- Marinate the 10 grapes left with 2 tbsp of dressing for 10 minutes.
- Cut the Manchego cheese in slices.
- Cut the almonds in slices and toast them.
- Place the watercress in a bowl with the tomatoes, the marinated red grapes and the almonds. Drizzle the prepared dressing all over the salad.
- Top the salad with some slices of Manchego cheese.