Pizza is my favorite food to share with friends while watching sports on TV. Here’s my recommendation for this World Cup matches: a Manchego & Chorizo pizza. It’s full of taste, just perfect to top up your energies while supporting the USA!
The distinctive sheep’s milk flavor of the Manchego cheese, together with its buttery texture, makes it perfect for pizza. Pair it with other traditional Spanish ingredients and you’ll have something reminiscent of tapas, but on a crunchy, golden, edible plate. Delish!
Just make sure to buy 100% Spanish ingredients: ensure the Manchego cheese & chorizo are authentic (not Mexican substitutes) and try to find Spanish olives and jarred Piquillo peppers if possible.
What you need:
- Food-processor pizza dough, ½ batch
- Canned crushed tomatoes, ¾ cup
- Manchego cheese, 4 oz. grated
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 roasted Piquillo peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green Spanish olives, pitted and halved
- 1 1/2 oz. Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven following the pizza dough instructions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 12-inch round and transfer to a floured pizza peel.
- Spread the tomatoes over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border uncovered. Sprinkle with the cheese, then top with the onion, peppers, olives and chorizo. Transfer the pizza to the oven.
- Bake until crisp and browned.